|-- Bitspower X-Panel XP II
-- By: brutal
-- Page: 1 2
was kind enough to supply one of these X-panel XP II's for review.
The X-panel is just like a rheobus but instead of controlling fans,
it controls CCFL's.
Now that your interest is peaked, let's take a look at what we have, starting with the front and rear of the box.
Bitspower did a really nice job with the instructions on the back of the box.
They are clear and reference the XP II that is contained inside.
- CCFL function control Panel.
- Sound activated function and activated level adjust.
- Strobe function for the Lamps. (PAT. Pending)
- Aluminum "U" Type Housing.
- Blue LED Light.
- Flashing function.
- Fits in a standard 3.5" drive bay.
- Each function can be controlled when the LED's turn on.
This is a ready to go product, so there is no assembly except for installation. Here is what comes in the box, The XP II and the required cables to run it.
Here is a detail shot of the cables. All you have to do is connect the wire between your CCFL inverter and the controller jack on the XP II, and then supply power using a hard drive power connector.
Bitspower was nice enough to include a Y-Splitter so that you do not lose a power connection in your case.