The Boston Acoustics 7500 deliver the ultimate package to computer gaming enthusiast. The set is composed of four flat panel 10" tall speakers and a 6.5" (165mm) sub. The satellites come in pairs of two, the two front ones, which are intended to be positioned on the desk, like the every day computer speakers. The second pair, come with a set of stands, and are intended to be set up behind the user, about shoulder height and aimed toward them. The subwoofer is rather large, about the size of the Klipsch Promedia's Sub.
Here are some specs from the Boston Acoustics Website:
- Digital BA7500™ - Multimedia Full Product Specifications
- Frequency Response (3dB) 45-20,000Hz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level 107dB
- Subwoofer 6 1/2" (165mm)
- Satellites SST Panels
- Crossover Frequency 170Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD) Sub 11-3/4 x 7 x 14-5/8" , Sats. 9-11/16 x 4-1/16 x 1-1/8" (246x103x29mm)
- Finish Computer Gray with Charcoal Gray Screens
- Packaged Weight 14.3 lbs. (6.6kg)
- Inputs 1 Digital Coaxial, 1 Front Analog, 1 Rear Analog
- Surround Processor Dolby® Digital Surround and 4-Channel Gaming
When it comes to versatility, I give the award to Boston Acoustics for this set. To insure optimal performance, they have included four different ways of connecting the set to your PC. This includes the use of computers with- one analog out, two stereo lines out, two stereo lines out and a digital out, and two stereo outs with a separate DVD decoder card. As you can see, no matter what type of setup you have, you can be assured that the BA7500 will work on your system.