Today we have another power supply to put on the review block - the Logisys 550W LED Acrylic Power Supply supplied by Xoxide.com. Logisys claims they are originators of the clear power supply according to their website. With this model, they plan to provide more power and visuals while keeping the noise down. Each cable is sleeved which helps their cause in cable management.
The box has a picture of the PSU and basic information on the box about the power supply.
- Support Intel and AMD systems
- Support 20 and 24 pin ATX standard
- Support latest PCI Express and Serial
- ATA Interface (2 SATAs)
- 6 4-pin 12v Molex Connectors
- Extended Cables and Wires
- All Cables Sleeved by UV Materials
- Dual Blue LED litup Silent Fans
- Low Noise & Ripple
- Over Voltage Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Built-in EMI Filter and Anti-Interference Electronic Resistor
- Comply with FCC part 15J class B 115VAC operation and CISPR 22 230 VAC operation
- 100% Burn-in Test/Vibration Test/Hi-pot test/Leakage Current Test
The top of the PSU gives the stats of the unit. This location seems to be the only real place for this information without taking away from the acrylic case. There is a static / grounding Mylar pad protecting everything.
All of the cables are wrapped and are flourescent green, even the Molex connectors. However, the two sata plugs are black.
The power supply is a 20+4 plug to fit any standard motherboard out on the market today.
It has just one 6 pin power for video cards. So it is not made to work with SLI / Crossfire setups, or even some of the newest high end video cards.
This is the only PSU that you can see the heatsink without taking the cover off. I would say they are on the small to average size.
Using a NZXT case, you can see where all of the wire leads hang down in the case.
Jump starting the PSU with a light load, you can get a nice glow. At this point you really can ask "Why UV Green with Blue fans??" I was wondering why not UV LED fans or blue sleeves for a color match.
Looking at the case from the back.
[ 1 ] 2