The GT3 Sport Case is a small form factor case created by the folks at GTR Tech Corporation. However, this isn't your every day small form factor (SFF) case. One of the big limits they have removed is the fact that you have to use a limited motherboard or a MicroATX board. They have opened up the motherboard tray to the standard 12” x 9.5” ATX motherboard size. So you now have the option of using full size components typically found in mid or full sized cases in a SFF case.
UPS was not kind to this case packaging and left one side with a large hole.
Taking the first look inside the box we can see that GTR Tech Corporation's packing methods saved the case.
The power supply (PSU) fan has its air intake on the top of the case and pushes the heat from the PSU out the back. This gives the PSU cooler air and is designed to help improve the PSU performance. The handle and the front of the case have been given a carbon fiber paint job for the sporty look. The upper part of the front is curved and has one of the air intakes.
The lower half of the case has a second air intake. The GT3 logo glows blue once the case is powered on. The door below the name is hiding four USB plugs as well as the head phone and mic jacks.
Looking at the case now and knowing it is a SFF case, we need to get a rough idea on the size. I grabbed my Dell laptop and it covers most of the case. I extended the case handle for a reference point.
On the GTR Tech corporation they give reference to the case fitting in a backpack, but all you see is either the case out side of it or just the backpack. So I took the Targus XL backpack I have and placed the case inside of it.
- Full Size ATX and Micro-ATX(uATX) Motherboard Compatible
- Three Flexible Add-In Card Areas:
1) VGA - Full Size Single-Slot OR Double-Slot Discreet Graphics. (PCI Express x16 Graphics 150W-ATX Specification 1.0)
2) PCI or VGA
3) PCI card or HDD and I/O panel
- Standard Support For Up To Two Hard Drives
- Efficient Cooling
Three Cold-Air Intakes/Fans:
1) Add-in Card Area
2) CPU & Memory
3) Power Supply
- Sturdy, Light, Transportable & Compact
- All Aluminum Construction
- Smaller than competitive "cube" products
- ~10 lbs fully configured
- Patent-Pending Feature Module System allows thousands of system configuration combinations
- Add-In Card Retention System
- ABS Plastic Faux Carbon-Fiber Front Bezel/Sub frame
- Retractable Handle, WingdleTM
- Quiet Operation: Sub 30dB