With all the high powered video cards from NVIDIA and ATI, you are bound to eventually look for a better cooling solution. The under-powered stock coolers usually come with small and cheap heatsinks. They are also equipped with a small fan that can barely cool that heatsink. Let's see what the multi video card supporting Vantec Iceberq 5 can do for us.
My aging stock cooler was not getting the job done on my GeForce 6600GT and my video card was paying for it. Add a bit of dirt and dust and that stock fan starts slowing down. This replacement was long overdue.
Thanks to Directron for sending over this sample!
Here are some specs:
- Dimension:110 x 88.7 x 31.6 mm
- Fan size:60 x 60 x 12mm
- Fan Speed:2500 RPM
- Rated Voltage:DC 12V
- Rated Current:0.15 A
- Power Consumption:1.8 W
- Weight:320 g
- Bearing Type:Ball Bearing
The package includes the Iceberq 5 copper cooler, 8 ramsinks, 2 metal brackets, thermal adhesive tape, 2 mounting nipples, 2 long screws, 3->4 pin connector and a tube of thermal paste.
Aside from the large copper cooler, Vantec has also provided 8 small copper ramsinks.
- All-in-One VGA Cooling Kit
- Compatible with current nVidia & ATi VGA cards
- Bright, Blue LED Fan
- High CFM / Low Noise Level
- 8 Memory Heatsinks Included
Compatible video cards:
- nVidia - GeForce3 Ti 200/500, GeForce4 MX 420/440/460, GeForce4 MX 440 SE/440 8X, GeForce4 Ti 4200/4200 8X, GeForce4 Ti 4400/4600/4800, GeForce FX 5200/5500/5600/5700 L, GeForce FX 5600 ULTRA/5700/5700 ULTRA, GeForce FX 5900/5900 XT, GeForce FX 5900 ULTRA, GeForce 6600,
GeForce 6800/6800 GT/6800 ULTRA
- ATI - Radeon 9000/9000 PRO, Radeon 9200/9200 PRO, Radeon 9500/9550,
Radeon 9600/9600 SE/9600 PRO/9600 XT, Radeon 9700/9700 PRO/9800 PRO/9800 XT, RX300/600/800
What is great about this kit is the ability to support both nVidia and ATI video cards. For our purposes, we're going to use it on a MSI GeForce 6600GT.
The Iceberq 5 is made entirely of copper. The bottom base is nicely finished and smooth. This should provide great contact with your video card.
The all copper heatsink is made up of tiny fins to help dissipate heat.